What is LED?
LEDs are semiconductors that convert electrical energy directly to light.
How do LEDs emit light?
LEDs are semiconductor light sources that combine a P-type semiconductor (larger hole concentration) with an N-type semiconductor (larger electron concentration). Applying a sufficient forward voltage will cause the electrons and holes to recombine at the P-N junction, releasing energy in the form of light.
What is LLLT?
Low-Level Light Therapy (LLLT) is the therapeutic use of incident light to photomodulate cellular function
- Improving healing times
- Relieving pain
- Subsiding active acne
- Promoting skin rejuvenation
Features of the Healite II LED Phototherapy System
Why LLLT using LEDs?
- Ideal wavelength
- Powerful enough to penetrate deep where it is needed
- Works at subcellular, cellular and tissue level
- Works alone or as an adjunctive therapy
- Treats multiple indications
- Pain-free, non-invasive, treatment of patients all ages
Use of Photo-Sequencing Technology
Pre-emptive micro-low level light therapy (μ-LLLT) with 590 nm is preceded for 60 seconds ahead of continuous delivery of 830 nm in order to pre-condition epidermis and enhance dermal tissue interaction by 830 nm.
Healite II is an incredibly useful adjunct to almost any aesthetic or surgical treatment. It is a very safe and effective treatment modality that can be used as a stand alone treatment or combined with a variety of cosmetic procedures
Healite II is an office, non-surgical treatment
- Wound Healing
- Pain Relief
- Infra-red light source can be used to provide temporary relief of muscle and joint pain
- Muscle Spasm
- Infra-red light source can be used to improve local blood circulation
- Reduction of vulval epithelial relaxation
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Reducing fine lines and wrinkles
- Active Acne
- Superficial skin lesions
What Healite II is proven to do:
- Encourages wound and cellular healing post-laser or post-surgery
- Reduces pain, edema and erythema
- Increases blood flow to the wound
- Decreases the risk of bruising
- Decreases recovery time
- Offers prophylaxis against scar formation
- Reduces PIH (post inflammatory hyperpigmentation)
- Improves the clinical results
Suitable for almost everywhere
Healite II can be used in combination with other therapies
Enhancing the healing process
Risks of Healite II Phototherapy Treatment
Possible causes of photosensitivity
Healite II treatment is contraindicated if the patient is:
- taking drugs that promote photosensitivity
- taking other products which can cause photosensitivity
- known to have an active cancer
Photosensitivity can also be caused by:
- Certain perfumes or plant materials, such as St Johns Wort, which have been in contact with the skin.
- Metabolic disorders such as Porphyria and other light induced rashes, porphyria is a severe light induced allergy and treatment is not recommended.
- Autoimmune diseases (self-allergy), such as lupus erythematosus.
When near infra-red light LED (830nm wavelength) is used, no eye protection is required. However when using blue light (415nm wavelength), looking directly into the LED beam can result in permanent visual injury; thus eye protection is required.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does the treatment take?
How many treatments will I need?
How long is the downtime?
The approximate treatment time is 15 minutes per area treated.
The recommended number of sessions for stand alone rejuvenation treatment is 8 spread over 4 weeks (thus 2 treatments per week). Repeat treatments may be beneficial every 4 weeks for maintenance of effects. For combined therapy, Healite is applied after the main treatment.
Normal activities of daily living can be resumed immediately.
Is this done in the office or hospital?
How effective is the treatment?
Is there a Medicare rebate for the treatment?
This is an office treatment that does not require admission to hospital.
- Promotes skin rejuvenation by stimulating collagen and elastin
- Treats dermatitis, rosacea and psoriasis
- Encourages lasting hydration in the skin
- Boosts immune function, improving healing times of wounds and compromised skin
- Enhances the results of your other professional skin treatments
- Subsides active acne
- Relieves of muscle and joint pain
There is no Medicare rebate for the treatment.
Is there any pain associated with the treatment?
Can treatment take place at any time of the menstrual cycle?
How does Healite II work?
The treatment is painless and for most, the light therapy is relaxing.
The treatment can take place at any time of the menstrual cycle.
Healite II is an LED-LLLT treatment. This is a concentrated light therapy method to bring targeted light and warmth to the skin. These light “waves” help to boost your circulation and improve your innate healing capacity.